- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry)
- Registered Patent Attorney
|John has many years experience dealing with all aspects of intellectual property law and heads up the Law Group in our Sydney office. His practice encompasses both contentious and commercial IP across a broad range of industries including resources, life sciences, FMCG and information technology.|
John has a significant patent and trade mark litigation practice and has acted in a number of leading cases in the Federal Court in recent years, where he has devised and implemented innovative strategies to achieve client outcomes.
John also has considerable experience in the commercialisation of IP assets including assisting clients in establishing and implementing IP strategies to identify, capture and leverage their IP.
Some recent matters John has worked on include:
- Co-ordinating a patent enforcement regime for a European based multi-national in relation to a technology used in the resources sector. Successfully obtaining Federal Court injunctions and an award of damages. Succeeded at first instance on appeal and in resisting special leave.
- Advising a global life sciences company on IP litigation, branding, regulatory and commercial IP issues.
- Conducting numerous patent infringement actions for Australia’s leading ICT company.
- Seeking and obtaining urgent interlocutory relief for a global brand owner in respect of trade mark infringement in Australia.
|John is an Adjunct lecturer in IP at the University of Sydney and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He is regularly interviewed in leading business publications and television programs.|
John has been recognised as a leader in his field by numerous independent publications including Chambers Global, PLC Which Lawyer? and Doyle’s Guide
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand—member
- Licensing Executive Society—member
- Adjunct Lecturer—University of Sydney Law School
- Qualified to practice law in Australia and New Zealand
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys—member
- AICD — member
- Patent Litigation
- IP Licensing
- Trade Mark Enforcement
- Confidential Information
- Therapeutic goods regulation
- IP Portfolio Management
- Trade Practices Law
- IP Commercialisation